Licences and Affiliations
It has come to my attention that there are unlicensed imposters in the field of canines, claiming to have canines that can detect anything from weapons to illicit drugs. To avoid being duped, ask these following questions.
- Is your K-9 facility licensed by the state or ATF for explosives,
and the D.E.A., to train canines and handle illicit narcotics such as
Marijuana, Cocaine, Meth, and Heroin?
- If a K-9 facility is not D.E.A., ATF or is State licensed, how can they train
narcotic or Explosive detection dogs with either real Narcotics
or the real Explosives?
- Is your K-9 facility insured?
- If not, they are taking a big risk for liability?
- Are pseudo drugs or explosives used for training? Sorry pseudo
scents don't count.
- Do you have liability insurance certificate for your canines, and if so produce
it. Make sure that you are on the liability insurance policy as an
additional insured before committing into any agreements.
- Do you have any law enforcement background? Ask where, and
have them prove it.
- What experience do you have in the canine field?
- Do you have any past customers, or references that can be
If you get a no response to any of the
above questions, beware!!!!!
Always Ask For the Facilities D.E.A., or High Explosive
Long Island K-9 Service holds these following licenses:
License Number & Insurance Binder before Utilizing Any Services!!!!
Long Island K-9 Service has these following Affiliations:
- New York State High Explosive License
- US Drug Enforcement Administration Controlled Substance License
- New York State Watchguard Agency License
- A Proud Sponsor, and originator of L.I. Safe Schools